Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing one of my favorite easy crafts that’s perfect for giving gift cards this season. This is fast card case tutorial and the case can be used long after you give a gift. It’s perfect for holding business and gift cards and other miscellaneous cards you don’t use daily, plus coupons! And, it’s inexpensive to make, but still a personalized gift. Read through the tutorial for a Starbucks giveaway!! 🙂
Here’s what you need:
- Small piece of sturdy fabric like faux leather, leather, or vinyl. This is what I used. To make one case, you don’t need more than an 8.5 x 11 piece of fabric.
- Leather hole punch – I used this tool
- These fasteners
- This template (you’ll need to print it, and you could also enlarge it on a photocopier)
Here’s what to do:
- Cut out your template
- Flip your fabric to the back/inside
- Trace and then cut your template
- Put three small holes into the bottom, and two side corners. I used the hammer for this, outside on concrete because it is a hard and stable surface.
- Put a larger hole in the top corner
- Fold the bottom up, then the two sides in, and secure with the post of the fastener
- Screw on the ball to the fastener
- Fold the top over and push through the ball
For helping support this blog in its infancy, I’m giving away a $10 Starbucks gift card!
Here’s how to enter:
-Follow me on Instagram (If you already follow me, tag a friend in the comments, instead)
-Leave a comment on this photo telling me your favorite Starbucks drink
*Must do both (follow and comment) to be entered
Giveaway will be open until Friday at 5 p.m. EST. A winner will be selected at random and contacted via direct message on Instagram. The gift card will be sent via email.